Here are some nuggets of his wisdom:
- Jesus didn't come to be a healer, to start a religion. He came to be a human.
- The Father's "let it be" results in creation. Jesus' "let it be" results in the cross.
- The Father creates out of nothing. The Son creates out of messes.
- The unity of Christians should be like the unity of the trinity; "may they be one as you and I are one."
- If we strive to see Jesus in one another, our creative power will be that much greater. (I need to ask him to speak more about this...)
- Msgr. once told my priest to stop referring to the Roman Catholic church as "Rome". He said, "It's Peter."