- As an apple tree among the trees of the woods,
so is my lover among men.
I delight to rest in his shadow,
and his fruit is sweet to my mouth.
- He brings me into the banquet hall
and his emblem over me is love.
- Strengthen me with raisin cakes,
refresh me with apples,
for I am faint with love.
- His left hand is under my head
and his right arm embraces me.
- I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem,
by the gazelles and hinds of the field,
Do not arouse, do not stir up love
before its own time.
Thursday, July 10, 2008