- Hark! my lover-here he comes
springing across the mountains,
leaping across the hills.
- My lover is like a gazelle
or a young stag.
Here he stands behind our wall,
gazing through the windows,
peering through the lattices.
- My lover speaks; he says to me,
"Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one,
- "For see, the winter is past,
the rains are over and gone.
- The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of pruning the vines has come,
and the song of the dove is heard in our land.
- The fig tree puts forth its figs,
and the vines, in bloom, give forth fragrance.
Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one,